Structural Steel detailing For AutoCAD
SteelPLUS™ Structural Shapes includes W-Shapes, channels, single/double angles, square & rectangular tubing, pipes, M, S, HP shapes and tees as listed in the AISC database. Optional metric databases included MAISC and CISC.
All structural steel shapes are parametrically drawn according to the "Manual of Steel Construction" of the American Institute of Steel Construction, Inc. Steel shapes use external data files for use with other structural standards.
One main dialog controls access to all shapes allowing multiple insertion points, layer, color, linetype control and the ability for the user to specify exaggerated dimensions, for details, before placement of each shape.
All steel shapes are created from a single polyline and made into an AutoCAD block. Each shape has built in intelligence for automatic notation.
Structural Shapes Dialog for SteelPLUS
- Create shapes in plan, section, elevation or single line as required.
- Create simple or complex shapes made from a single non-segmented polyline.
- Shapes are created as an AutoCAD block to keep file size minimized.
- Ability to cope ends of W-Shapes in elevation view.
- List shape properties from drawing after shape placement or within dialog box.
- All shapes are created parametrically from external data files.
- Shapes are attached to cursor based on insertion point selected and rotated after placement.
- Automatic shape notation by selecting inserted shape.
- User defined dimensions for shape details.