Steel Shapes (US) Symbol Library:
Version 2.2 of the Steel Shapes (US) Symbol Library contains over 1050 symbols, all of which comply with the appropriate AISI, AISC or ANSI standard. The library includes:
- 296 - Wide Flange (W) shapes from W4 x 13 to W44 x 335
- 28 - I-Beam (S) shapes from S3 x 5.7 to S24 x 121
- 28 - Channel (C) shapes from C3 x 4.1 to C15 x 50
- 33 - Misc. Channel (MC) shapes from MC6 x 12 to MC18 x 58
- 94 - Square Hollow (H) sections from H1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 3/16 to H30 x 30 x 5/8
- 202- Rectangular Hollow (H) sections from H2-1/2 x 2-1/2 x 3/16 to H30 x 24 x 1/2
- 277 - Pipe sections from 1/8 x Sch.5 to 60 x Sch.XH and 8 x Sch.XXH
- 122 - Angle (L) shapes from L2 x L2 x 1/8 to L9 x 4 x 5/8
All sections are drawn as Wblocked polylines on Layer 0. Centerlines (where possible) are drawn on a separate layer and can be hidden if necessary.
The dimensions used to develop these symbols were extracted from the 2nd edition of the AISC Manual of Steel Construction. Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, but in some instances fillet dimensions are not defined in the AISC Manual. It is recommended that if these dimensions are critical, reference should be made to the certified dimension sheet obtainable from the steel shape manufacturer. Add-on menus are provided for use with AutoCAD R13.c4 to 2011, and AutoCAD LT95 to LT2011. These menus are preferred, since they do not interfere with any prior menu customization and toolbar settings. Versions of AutoCAD and LT prior to AutoCAD R13.c4 and AutoCAD LT95 versions, are no longer supported by CADSYM.
Sample Steel Shape (US) Symbols
Back to Top
Electrical & Fluid Power Electrical ANSI Y32.2 & IEC 617 Fluid Power Electrical ANSI Y32.2 Electrical IEC 617 Hydraulic Pneumatic Steel Shapes (US)