Need to draw a 3D roof framing layout real fast?
3D-Framer, is a roof framing generator for AutoCAD 2000, suitable for architects, builders and carpenters, who need to see how framing will look beforehand. You just need a 3D roof model for start working.
By selecting points you first define the gable and roof opening boundaries with a polyline. Then just specify nominal lumber size in inches and define rafter spacing.
Upon selection of boundaries you get the framing drawn.Features
- Automatic 1/2" off for actual dressed lumber size
- Allows for the selection of a framing starting point
- Ridges, fascias, hip rafters, end rafters and dormers can also be drawn
- All elements are polylines with their own height and width suitable for Hide or Render
- Each element has its unique layer
- Tutorial model file is included. Use this file as a template for your own model
|GABLE ||Aligns UCS and defines gable and roof openings geometry. |
|FRAMER||Constructs Gable Framing. (You must run Gable first).|
|HIP ||Constructs hip and valley rafters.|
|ND ||Constructs end rafters. |
|HORI ||Constructs horizontal lumber such as ridges, fascias, purlins and plates. |
- Copy the 3D-Framer.fas to your AutoCAD directory.
- Then go into AutoCAD and load the 3D-Framer.fas with “Load Application”.
- AutoCAD 2011
- AutoCAD 2012