An automatic 2D projection generation plug-in for AutoCAD
AutoProject for AutoCAD is an automatic 2D projection generation plug-in for AutoCAD. This plug-in gives AutoCAD the ability to automatically create precise 2D projections views of 3D objects.
AutoCAD users often find themselves in a position wherein they have to create 2D views of their 3D models. Newer versions of AutoCAD have commands to create projection views, but these commands are limited to are 3D solids and surfaces only. There are no commands to project normal 3D curves such as line, polylines, arcs, circles, splines and other objects like meshes, faces, points, etc. AutoProject for AutoCAD removes this limitation and gives AutoCAD the ability to project almost any object onto a 2D plane.
AutoProject for AutoCAD is capable of projecting 3D objects to the six standard orthographic views (top, bottom, front, back, right and left) as well as the 8 standard isometric views, one for each octant.
(click to enlarge)
Below is the hardware, software and operating system requirements for AutoCAD plug-ins running on the Microsoft Windows platform.
- AutoCAD (32 Bit and 64 Bit): 2000, 2000i, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Operating System (32 Bit and 64 Bit): Windows XP SP2 or later, Windows Vista and Windows 7
- RAM: 1 GB (Recommended 2 GB)
Back to Top
Download & Purchase
Please download a fully functional trial of this product by clicking "Download". To start using the software, you need a license key. A license key can be of two types: Trial or Permanent. A trial key is issued to you instantly and completely free of cost so that you may try the software before you purchase a license. A permanent key is issued after you have purchased a license. If during the trial period (10 days or runs, whichever is earlier) you find this product useful, you may return to this page and click the "Buy Now" button to place your order. In the order process you will be asked to enter your Host ID that appears in the "SYCODE License Server" dialog box (which appears when you run any of the product commands). SYCODE will create and send you your key by email within 2 business days. To avoid disruption in your workflow, place your order before the trial period ends. Back to Top
Subscription is highly recommended since it will keep your software up to date and grants a second free perpetual license for your laptop, among many other benefits. For details please read the SYCODE License and Subscription Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Back to Top
- Downloading this software indicates your acceptance to the SYCODE Software License Agreement.
- The price mentioned above is for a single user license. Volume discounts available. Please contact sales for more information.
- Customization of product available from vendor. Please fill out vendor form to get more information.
Installation & Usage
Since AutoProject for AutoCAD is a plug-in for AutoCAD, it must be loaded into the AutoCAD environment before it can be used. Please follow the simple instructions in the AutoProject for AutoCAD ReadMe document which is copied into the installation folder. If you accept the default values in the installer, AutoProject for AutoCAD will be up and running within a minute. However, if you choose to modify the values (for example, install the software at a location other than the default) then you will have to take extra care to see that AutoCAD and the AutoProject for AutoCAD plug-in are properly setup and recognize each other. For an easy and straight forward installation, simply run the installer and accept the default installation options. After you have loaded the plug-in file into AutoCAD, simply click on the menu items in the "AutoProject" submenu to run these new commands. Truly, software made simple!
The 'AutoProject' menu consists of the following commands:
- APTop - Projects to the top orthographic view
- APBottom - Projects to the bottom orthographic view
- APFront - Projects to the front orthographic view
- APBack - Projects to the back orthographic view
- APRight - Projects to the right side orthographic view
- APLeft - Projects to the left side orthographic view
- APIso1 - Projects to the 1st octant isometric view (Right, Back, Top)
- APIso2 - Projects to the 2nd octant isometric view (Left, Back, Top)
- APIso3 - Projects to the 3rd octant isometric view (Left, Front, Top)
- APIso4 - Projects to the 4th octant isometric view (Right, Front, Top)
- APIso5 - Projects to the 5th octant isometric view (Right, Back, Bottom)
- APIso6 - Projects to the 6th octant isometric view (Left, Back, Bottom)
- APIso7 - Projects to the 7th octant isometric view (Left, Front, Bottom)
- APIso8 - Projects to the 8th octant isometric view (Right, Front, Bottom)
- APHelp - Display the AutoProject for AutoCAD help file
- APRegister - Register your copy of AutoProject for AutoCAD
- APAbout - Display the AutoProject for AutoCAD about box
The AutoProject submenu
AutoProject for AutoCAD comes with detailed documentation for each command as well as a tutorial to get you started in the shortest possible time. There is also an online version of the help file which you can view by clicking the link below.
Online HelpBack to Top
Sycode Software Licensing Terms
Our licenses are single computer licenses and are locked to each computer they are installed on. Basically, the license key is specific to the computer's Host ID (the MAC address of the computer), and will not work on another computer. The installer picks up the physical MAC address of the network card connected to the computer which is basically “Ethernet adapter Network Connect Adapter”. So unless you change your network card, the key will always work even if you reinstall your operating system. If your internal network is periodically assigning a different Host ID to your computer, then please find a solution for this with your IT department.